Thursday, June 16, 2005

I need some cheese

For anyone who has ever worked out and complained how sore they are the next day, and by some mistake voiced their whining to me, thus received a fine dosing of insults from me, I want to say, I’m sorry. I worked out for the first time in my life on Monday (For those who know me, I know that may come as a huge surprise) and let me say I am so freaking sore right now. Monday I worked out with a “trainer” (They should be called “those bastards who look way better than I do”) and we killed my legs. The next day I woke up and was sore. So what did I do, I headed to the gym again to play basketball and meet with another trainer for another session.

I was playing a great game of basketball (this means I was dominating my man, and I was) and was thinking after I work out with Ryan, my trainer, I will come back and get in another game before I go home. Little did I realize that when I was done with Ryan I wouldn’t be able to lift my hands to the steering wheel, let alone hoist a basketball up into a 10 foot cylinder. Its funny to me how ridiculous the mental idea of most sports are, but when played are tremendously fun. Think about it, you meet a person of the coast of Ubangi-Bangi who has never heard of sports before and try and explain to them your favorite sport. I think this could be a reality T.V. show, you send American contestants out to third world countries and if they explain a sport, such as baseball, to a person and the person actually wants to play, you win. Considering most sports involve throwing random things at other random things or hitting things with sticks, I would say 1 out of 10 people would win. Could you imagine having to explain curling to an Ethiopian!

You: Ok the game is played on ice…..

Starving Marvin: Ice?

You: you have to sweep the ice with these little brooms……

S.M.: Sweep Ice?

You: If your stone stops in any circle you get whatever points that circle is worth.

S.M.: Ice?

Anyways I am so sore. I can barely reach my mouth with my hands. I am hoping the pain goes away tonight so I can hit the gym again tomorrow for some more pain. I know this sounds retarded but I made a commitment (yes I can make them to myself just not anyone else in my life) to stick this out and get in good shape. One last random side note, why are there handicapped spaces at a gym? Seriously, why!

5 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger Mark said...

The rim is really more of a torus than a cylinder. I'm just a stickler like that.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Patrick Sauncy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Patrick Sauncy said...

I agree. At least you could have called it a ring, if torus was too technical. Although, you called it a "10 foot cylinder," so perhaps you meant the pole holding the backboard and rim aloft? I doubt this is the case, though, because you do not throw the ball into the pole, but into the basket (through the torus).

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Brett Berger said...

Chris, handicapped people workout, too.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger kt said...

Hi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home