Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Wait no more, I am back.

I love finding double standards in my life. I find them quite entertaining to be honest. I am not talking about huge issues in life such as, God, abortion, sex, euthanasia, NBA officiating, I’m talking about things that drive me crazy today but tomorrow I will find enjoyably funny. Such as my rant about peer influence, I hate it when it comes between an obnoxious movie review or a terrible hit song, but find it extremely entertaining……. Well whenever I am the influence!

Here is an example of what I am talking about. Everyone saying Napoleon Dynamite was the funniest movie ever drove me insane (Read blog post #1 for full detail as to why), clearly Dumb and Dumber is the pinnacle of comedy, It is only perceived as this because a couple of people said it was funny and the movie was different than anything else at the time, so everyone liked it. If you think I am wrong just watch the movie by yourself and try not to get bored. The Napoleon Dynamite buzz was all created by peer influence, thus I hate it….. or do I?

Last week I went on a trip to Coronado Island, California, with me was about 40 high school seniors as well as a handful of adults. As the hours passed and the nights got later boredom gave way to my peer influence. I devised a brilliant game called: what happens in room 51 stays with me and anyone else I want to tell who was not in room 51(I am still working on the title of the game.) It basically involved me asking one of the students would they rather questions, once they answered all I did was ask them to prove it. Obviously this could not be your typical, would you rather have no arms or no legs, seeing as I was not about to start cutting people up. It involved physical things, such as, would you rather get punched in the face or have five- five star slaps on the back? Would you rather suck someone’s toe or lick their lower back? Would you rather….you get the idea.

Here is the brilliance of this idea, there was truly nothing forcing these kids…. I mean young adults, to do what I asked of them. If they refused I would have moved on to the next one, but every single person agreed to do what was asked of them, sometimes it took a little bit of coaxing but never physical force or verbal bashing. Simply my peer influence on them had them doing whatever I deemed funny for the moment. Seriously, I have never been more amazed at what people were willing to do, simply because I would have been slightly disappointed. There was even a time when a couple of people said, “How come you didn’t ask me one yet?” Amazing! I guess peer influence is awesome as long as I am the influence.

Another side note to add on here, watching people spin around until they are dizzy is hilarious. And the game cops and mafia is no longer enjoyable, it has run it’s full course and the card game should now be banned and left to real life stuff. Trust me everyone needs the mafia.

Seeing as this has become longer than anticipated I will end with a list of my top 3 comedies of all time and return soon with more hypocrisy from my life later.

3. South Park Bigger, Longer, Uncut. (get past how wrong it is, and see how right it is)

2. There’s Something About Mary (never laughed so hard at a movie the first time I saw it)

1. Dumb and Dumber (Find me someone funnier than Jim Carrey, I dare you)

1 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Mark said...

For legal reasons, I don't know if it's a good idea to chronicle your abuse of youths that were in your custody.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home