Sunday, April 01, 2007

This is my strength, oh and my weakness

I am amazed at how string willed I am some times and then other times I am incredibly weak. Allow me to show a piece of my life.

I am string willed in my convictions. Hence I have never been drunk, I have never done drugs, and I was a virgin when I got married.

And then there is the side where I cripple like a school boy in front of the schools hottie, and it is always over money. I like things, like a lot of things! Not to show off to people, but because it gives me a sense of fullfillment. It isnt even big things, I love getting shorts, Movies, t-shirts, video games. I love my new truck and the PS3. I love buying stuff! and lately I have gotten into one of the biggest money spenders you could ever get into, trading cards.

Yes, I am like a kid again, buying sports cards. It started at sports authority when I bought 1 pack with a buddy of mine, then it turned into a box from Walmart, and now, I cant get enough. My biddy and I even created a draft for buying a box of cards. We split the box and then go to someones place and open half the pack and have a draft and slowly open the remaining packs to complete the board. There are rules and everything, lots of them, it's crazy, but it is so freaking fun.

And that brings me to today, where I am dying to get a 1976 Walter Payton rookie card and a 1966 Gale Sayers rokkie card. The sad part is I actually talked the PalmercatGal into letting me buy them. We are talking about the prospect of spending over 150 bucks on 2 cards!

Crazy, yes, but I love to do it. and so my weakness shines.

So i guess the moral of the story is this: If you want me to drink or do some drugs, you have little chance, unless there are some cards involved, then all bets are off.

P.S. If you have a card collection, I am your man to give it to. errrr sell it too.... errr. CRAP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home