Friday, July 28, 2006

Get Out Of Jail Free


You know those times in life where you spend too much time in or on something and you devote hours of your free time to creating or perfecting something and then all of a sudden it gets deleted or ruined? Well that happened to me this morning….. and I couldn’t be happier!

I got to work this morning and was doing my daily web searches, they go as follows:
Yahoo Mail, Yahoo Fantasy Sports, AZ Central Sports, ESPN, Craigslist, w00t, GMail, Techbargains, and finally and sadly…. MySpace.
I was going through the routine which generally takes about an hour or so out of my work schedule, and got to the point where I check myspace. I entered my signin info and here is what I was told:

The friend ID you entered has either been deleted by the user or by the host.

What!!???? You mean I got deleted…… SWEET!!!

No longer do I need to waste my time searching for friends or sending lame comments back and forth. I no longer have to hear some of the worst music known to man. Never again shall I spend endless hours looking at pictures of friends I just saw. No more web browsers crashing because the site is terrible, no more pictures of Richard Simmons telling me to have a gay day. I am officially free of the weight of Myspace, I feel like a whole new person. I feel like celebrating.

Thank you internet Gods for taking care of this problem for me, I don’t know if I could ever repay you.


NOTE: As soon as I was done typing up this post, I made one final stop to see if my profile was still deleted, and of course it wasn’t! Well back to being a slave…..

3 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Yarsh said...

Unfortunately, myspace is the biggest piece of crap since... since... since myspace. They cannot keep that site online for 24 hours without having issues like this.

Regardless of how much I hate that site, or how much you or anybody else hates the site, it is like crack. You know that it's f'ing up your life, but you just can't stop.

And Crack is Whack.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Mark said...

It's interesting that you list a bunch of non-work related things that you do after the statement, "I got into work this morning..."

Wait a minute. I'm at work...

Nevermind.

 
At 1:53 AM, Anonymous Viswa said...

Absolutely well written article,in these days most of spending time on work,heavy work load no enjoyment,its like a jail and want to free out...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home