Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Last Stand, lost, and No Sports!




I know that not all of my readers are fans of sports, so I am going to try and post without mentioning sports. So here it goes….

The Last Stand:

I had a read a partial review of the movie before it came out, and this “partial review” was about three sentences long, in this review contained major plot twists! What the hell! How do you write a mini review and reveal to casual readers, who are just checking to see your score on the film, what is going to happen throughout the course of a movie. I mean seriously how much of a jerkass are you? That would be like me writing this mini review of the 3rd Matrix movie:

Wonderful special effects, the plot was a bit slow and much to hard to grasp. The action carries the movie as the dialogue tries to slow it down. If there is going to be a fourth installment to the series it will be interesting to see how Neo escapes the computers and deals with life without Trinity. 58/100.

If someone had actually written that before the movie was released, and you read it, there would be hell to pay. How stupid have writers become? Anyways…. The movie overall was not a great movie. But it was enjoyable and really entertaining. I would say if you liked the first 2 go see the third, but make sure you have not seen the other 2 within the past year and a half, as they are much better.

I have officially stopped watching Lost. It really is crappy. I endured over one and a half seasons for nothing. I know no more now then I did when I started watching. I did not see the last 3 episodes this season, but you know what, I can sleep fine. This is a sure tell sign that the show no longer has a grip on you. For instance:

I was at gam………ummmm not home for the 2 hour season finale of 24 a couple of weeks ago. I got home really late and started to “borrow” the episodes from a cool website, they didn’t work and I couldn’t see it that night. That was the worst night of sleep I have had in a long time. 24 owns me, Lost does not.

Besides the fact that it sucks, its really slow. I mean really really slow. Its like watching a replay of golf…… I mean it’s like watching rocks. Nothing happens. Ever. Then all of a sudden something happens and your like, cool it got good, then back to the rocks. If Lost wants to get watching again here is what needs to happen.

• The Chinese couple need to die. Episodes about them are the worst.
• Mr. Echo needs to become the 4th most shown person behind Jack, Kate, and Locke
• Sawyer needs to either die or become an other.
• The island needs to be explained a little more in EVERY episode.

They really should hire me as a writer. I know I can do a better job than what they have going now. I would love to sit on their creative writing meetings. You know there is like one guy who has all these amazing ideas and he sits in the corner handing them out and gets shut down every time. Because there were some good episodes, and I credit those episodes to the corner guy.

That’s all I got for now. Until next time, Go Suns! I mean…. Go Suns! Sorry I couldn’t do it.

3 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Yarsh said...

As I sat there watching X3, I could not figure out where I had seen the female doctor (from The Cure facility) before. It finally dawned on me... She looked similar, but not enough to notice. It was her voice that gave her away. Yes, Dr. Kavita Rao was played by Shohreh Aghdashloo.

Ok, I had no idea what her real name was, but I knew her. Dina Araz, wife of Navi Araz, and mother of Behrooz Araz, from "Day 4" of 24.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger palmercat said...

Yeah I know, as soon as I heard her voice, before the camera even showed her, I went thats Dina from 24. And Tim Kimmle went, "Your right"

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Mavs, sucka!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home