Monday, January 30, 2006

Disappointment.... This one hurt

Disappointment sucks! I can think of nothing worse. This morning disappointment got its ugly hands on me and ruined my morning.

My current employer is celebrating my last two days with the company by bringing in bagels for everyone. (actually, they brought bagels because all the global managers are in town, but I like my reasoning better) So I stroll into my bagel party and grab a nice looking cinnamon raisin bagel. I put my regular cream cheese on top and head back to my dungeon…. I mean office. I sit down ready to enjoy my second favorite bagel, clearly they don’t get any better than the everything bagel, I take a bite…….

Disafreakingpointment! I grabbed a chocolate chip bagel. Now some people might be thinking that it’s no big deal and chocolate chip bagels are good. Well those people are wrong. Incredibly wrong! Chocolate chip bagels are disgusting. I like bagels and I like chocolate chips but not together. You can’t just cram two things you like into one and get some great thing.

I give peanut butter and jelly all the credit in the world, I love PB&J sandwiches. But not everything works out like that. How about pizza ice cream. Yummy! Dr. Pepper Fettuccini. MMMMM. Beer salad dressing, caramel pepper, chocolate covered salt. Is there anything sacred anymore? For the love of everything quit ruining great things by combining them with other great things.

3 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger John Doom said...

It's only bad if you weren't expecting it in the first place. It's not as bad as ruining a perfectly good cookie with raisins... or a perfectly good bagel with raisins, or even a perfectly good piece of carrot cake with shitty raisins...

I hate raisins.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Mark said...

The same thing happened to me there once. Stupid chocolate chip bagels.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Brett Berger said...

i couldn't agree with you more; however, i don't like the bagel and raisin combination either. so i usually stay away from all spotted bagels.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home